2016 Poster Design/ Art Contest
All Our Energy, in association with Sierra Club Long Island Group, are proud to announce the winner, Kelsey Kresge of Hofstra University and the runners-up of our inaugural Fall 2016 Long Island College Student Poster Design / Art Contest.
Art submissions came from students attending colleges across Nassau and Suffolk. With the local environmental world abuzz about upcoming off shore wind farms and other renewable energy projects, it is an exciting time for Long Island’s environmental future. We decided it was time to bring art into our world, and bring that excitement to life with work from local artists.
Students were offered a $300 prize and received leeway to create their most original and inspiring artwork and concepts, in hopes of generating new ideas, and they did not disappoint.
We are grateful to all the entrants who shared their ideas and creativity with us to help inspire Long Island to embrace a clean energy future. We thank our winner, our runners up, our judges and our partners at Sierra Club Long Island Group who all helped this first contest succeed.
The object: Design our next off shore wind outreach and communication campaign poster
The prerequisite: open to students attending college on Long Island, NY
The task: Envision Long Island’s sustainable energy future, with off shore wind and other ways to live more in harmony and balance with nature.
$300 Grand Prize
Deadline for Entry: November 18, 2016
The Winner and 3 runners-up will be featured on our permanent webpage for the contest and may be used for appropriate future campaign, outreach, and other materials.
- Submissions must be original artwork / design / slogans etc. (no use of copyrighted material);
- Suggested mediums are two dimensional: drawing, painting, photography, digital, or collage;
- Must be for a portrait orientation or vertical frame;
- All submissions become property of All Our Energy, and may be displayed on our website, social media and other communications, and cannot be returned. ;
- Entrant must be a student at a college in Nassau County, NY Or Suffolk County, NY in 2016.
- All entrants will recieve email notifications and news on the contest and our campaigns.
- Artwork must be at least 12 inches by 18 inches (30 centimeters by 45 centimeters) and no larger than 20 inches by 24 inches (50 centimeters by 60 centimeters).
- For Digital: Hi-res jpegs & pngs (minimum 300 dpi) required
- One submission per person;
- for contest entry, only a photo (5MB or less)of your original artwork is required to be uploaded;
- Winner and 3 runners-up must submit actual original hard copy of artwork upon notifcication of being selected, to be awarded.
- All Our Energy will choose the most interesting, inspiring, and engaging entry at our judges' sole discretion.
- Click here to contact All Our Energy for any questions about off shore wind power you need to complete the project.